Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What can a Sports Movie Do For You?


I love sports films. I think they are great ways for people to see other people grow and be better at a challenging sport. My AP History professor showed me Miracle in class and I feel in love. I think it is a wonderful way to inspire people. Maybe I am far fetched but I truely believe that these sports movies Inspire people or at least I think that is what they are meant to do. More great films are Remember the Titans, Friday Night Lights, Jerry Maguire, Radio, and A League of Their Own.

Recently a film came out called Moneyball. This film is a great film. Brad Pitt did a great job showing the world of Baseball to those who might not understand what really goes on in the MLB. This movie centers around the Oakland Athletic's, a team that most people on the East Coast do not really know about but it shows the struggles of a team that has a small budget compared to a team that has an exorbitant amount of money. The movie compares the Yankee's to the Athletic's, money wise.

Yankee's (120 million) to Athletic's (40 million)

I think that is a little unfare when it comes to scouting and getting players that make up a good roster. This movie is sentimental, uplifting, and sad. It is rare to get a movie like this and show the inner workings of a league that has been around for a hundred years. I recomend this movie to everyone. Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill knock it out of the ball park, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment