Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What are your favorite movies to watch in school?

There are a lot of great movies out there. It is hard sometimes to choose someone’s favorite movies. SO I have decided I would choose my favorite movies that I watched in school and continue watching because these movies inspired me to continue to research more after I had seen them.

1. East of Eden.
This 1950’s movie starring James Dean is a great way for students to see a great American novel come to life but also enjoy a story that people are not completely used to.
2. Schindler’s List.
I watched this in my History class in 9th grade. This movie opened my eyes to a world that I had never really thought of before. It is a great movie to be shared and to be seen among students.
3. Identity.
I watched this in a psychology class. This movie was amazing to see into the mind of a schizophrenic. This movie is a thriller but makes you wonder what personality will win in the end.
4. Girl Interrupted.
I saw this movie in my History of Film class: Dark place of the mind. Not only does this movie show a troubled teenager who wants to do more with herself and a struggle she faces but also it shows history that teenagers today did not understand.
5. Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Even though this movie is funny and might not be taken seriously I saw this in an English class because even though most of it is silly , the story of King Arthur is a very important part of myth and stories being passed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment