Monday, November 14, 2011

History through Movies!!

I have discussed movies about History before and some of my favorites but I thought it would be a great idea to show you a blog that takes you through movies that depict different time periods!


I found this blog to be extremely interesting. I love History and I love movies, what could be better than a blog about where they are one in the same? History is a very important subject. It is where we learn from our mistakes and grow from those mistakes. This blog ranges from the very beginning of civilizations until the end of World War II. We go threw school learning about different cultures and civilizations. We learn about the past. This blog is great to find knew movies for teachers to show to their students. There are lists of movies that are strictly about the bible or about the Victorian age. Anything you would want in a history movie list, its here.

I do have some scruples about this blog, however none that should turn you away from the blog. This blog lists movies and gives a small synopsis about the movies but I think that the blog could have a little more writing maybe explaining the time period a little more. The layout is very simple and fitting for its History themed blog. My main problem with this blog is that it stops at World War II. I love World War II but there are many great films that are about very important times in our nations history. For example, films about the Vietnam War are not listed or about the Civil Rights movement. These are parts of history that I think are also needed to be shown to students learning about modern history.

This has blog helped me find movies, in time periods I find interesting. I love learning and expanding my mind. With this blog I am able to find movies that are not as well known. I recommend this website to anyone who loves History and Movies as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment