Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sports in Film!

Baseball.
Hockey.
Basketball.
Football.
Gymnastics.
Boxing.
Soccer.
Cheerleading.

These are just some examples of sports that have been portrayed in film. Physical Education, also known as P.E., is a part of school that students either want to go to or dread to go to. I personally loved P.E. because I was athletic and I found it to be fun and an escape. Sadly, others do not. What is great about film is that it can be shown on a rainy day or a snow day. Most of the time, sports films are ways of inspiring people, at least that is what they do for me.

I am an athletic person. I love watching sports and I love playing them. Some of my favorite movies revolve around sports. They have such a great message and strength behind them. A P.E. teacher, instead of making their students run, could sit down with their students and watch a movie that is inspirational and teaches students about team and courage.

Some of my favorites are:
  1. A League of Their Own
  2. Miracle
  3. Remember the Titans
  4. Bend it Like Beckham
  5. Cinderella Man
  6. Coach Carter
  7. Stick It!
  8. The Sandlot
  9. Bring it On
  10. Hoosiers
  11. Rudy

As a child I would watch A League of Their Own over and over again because the story is unbelievable and powerful. I play softball and the fact that women played baseball and sold out stadiums is amazing. These movies give people strength and hope. I believe that everyone should watch a sports films because their is growth in the story. Some of the movies are based on real events which is again unbelievable and inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment